Saturday 5 March 2016

A blogger at last!!

Woooohoooo!  I am a blogger!  Well, I have a blog.  I'm not sure one post makes me an official blogger quite yet, though.  Anyway, here's to step one!

Who am I?
That's simple.  I am a woman with a full heart, a cup that's overflowing!  I have a strong faith, a husband who I love walking through this crazy world with, and three littles who take the word "crazy" to a whole new level!


Why do I teach?
I have been teaching for 15 years.  Teaching wasn't a career that I chose.  Teaching chose me.  I don't remember how, or when, probably because I think teachers are often born with 'teaching genes'. Teaching isn't my job, it's my lifestyle.  Actually, if you ask my family, they'd say it's our family's lifestyle!

What do I teach?
I teach children :)  I taught fourth grade for ten years and LOVED it!  In my heart, I knew that at some point I wanted to get involved in teaching children the mechanics of HOW to read, as opposed to understanding WHAT they'd read.  An opportunity came up at the end of the my tenth year of teaching and I spontaneously took it!  I woke up that morning as a fourth grade teacher, and left school that afternoon as a Kindergarten teacher!  And just like fourth grade, I LOVE Kindergarten!  I have a lot to say about how fourth grade and Kindergarten are strikingly similar.  I'm saving that for a future post ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Lora! I'm Carla at Comprehension Connection, and I hope you'll enjoy blogging as much as I have. Sounds like you're a literacy loving girl too. :-) If you need help with anything, give a shout out. Glad to help.

    ReplyDelete